- Is Set Jet an airline?
- No, Set Jet is not an airline and as a Set Jet Member your expectation should not be what one might expect when traveling on an airline.
For starters, Set Jet does not publish a schedule like the airlines do. This is a regulatory restriction and although we wish we could, we simply cannot legally. Our booking engine is proprietary and quite simple to use but it is also different than what you might expect. However, once you try it, you’ll find that it’s very easy to book a flight or buy a seat on an existing flight.
Set Jet does not fly as frequently as the airlines do either, so if you’re looking to have the availability and frequency of flights that the airlines do, Set Jet is probably not a fit for you. Set Jet typically flies from two to four times per week between each of the destination cities listed on our website and we will continue to add flights until we are flying as much as once per day, per destination city. However, if you’ve ever chartered or owned a private jet and are familiar with the costs involved, you will absolutely recognize and appreciate the incredible value of being a Set Jet Member and flying private with us.
On the other hand, if you are contemplating whether or not the $99.95 monthly Membership Fee is worth it based on how often or how little you may fly with us, Set Jet is probably not a good fit for you. Consider this; although our Members can fly as often as they wish and we encourage that, if you pay the one-time $99.95 Security Check Fee, plus the $99.95 monthly Membership Fee for an entire year, and during that year you fly just ONE round trip with Set Jet between any of our domestic regional destination cities for approximately $1100 (including taxes and fees), you will have spent a total of approximately $2,500 to fly on one of our luxurious, large body Bombardier Challenger 850s, with 13-15 seat ultra-VIP interiors. Alternatively, if you were to charter a small or mid-sized jet to do that same trip, you can expect to pay $20,000-$30,000 round trip.
So if you’re looking for an airline experience, Set Jet is not for you. But if you’ve ever flown private or contemplated flying private and are aware of the costs involved, you will find that Set Jet provides an unparalleled value and a five-star, true private jet experience for a small fraction of the cost of any other fly private options.
- Can I originate a flight and/or purchase a seat through Set Jet?
- You may originate a flight (“book a flight”) and/or purchase a seat (“buy a seat”) only if you have applied and been approved for Membership.
- What are the requirements to be a Set Jet Member?
- To be a “Member” with Set Jet you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.*
- Be a U.S. Resident with a verifiable address.**
- Have a valid Email Address.
- Have a valid Driver’s License or Passport issued in the United States** and all information must be complete, accurate and verifiable without fraud or security risk alerts.
- Have paid the one-time Security Check Fee at time of application.
- Have paid the Monthly Membership Fee at time of application and upon each renewal of your Monthly Membership, on or before the expiration date.
- Be approved by the TSA (as well as any other participating law enforcement agencies) and Set Jet.
*Minors will be allowed to become Members on a case-by-case basis in Set Jet’s sole and absolute discretion.
**Foreign nationals with foreign passports may be allowed on a case-by-case basis in Set Jet’s sole and absolute discretion.
- What is involved in the approval process to become a Set Jet Member?
- Set Jet Membership is being offered to a limited number of applicants. All Set Jet Members are security screened through the TSA and other participating law enforcement agencies before being approved for Membership. Payment of a Security Check Fee must be paid in full at the time of application each time you apply or re-apply for Membership. Additionally, Set Jet in its sole and absolute discretion reserves the right to accept or decline any person as a Member of Set Jet.
- Can my children fly with me?
- Children will be allowed to enroll as Members upon request, provided however, that the Primary Member agrees that the children will not adversely affect the experience of any other Member during a flight or at our Member Lounge. If they do, then they will no longer be allowed to fly with you.
- How much does the Security Check cost?
- The Security Check Fee is a one-time fee of $99.95. This fee must be paid in full at the time of application and is non-refundable, except in such cases where daily flight service has not yet commenced in your region. Acceptable methods of payment are limited to Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. No cash, checks or money orders will be accepted.
- How long does the Security Check process take?
- The Security Check process is instantaneous in most cases.
- How much does Set Jet Membership cost?
- Set Jet’s Standard Membership requires a recurring Monthly Membership Fee of $99.95, with no minimum commitment, for flights between Set Jet’s regional destination cities (Scottsdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, as well as seasonal flights to Aspen and Cabo San Lucas). Set Jet’s Elite Membership requires a recurring Monthly Membership Fee of $999.95, with a twelve (12) month minimum commitment, for flights between Set Jet’s regional destination cities plus its coast-to-coast destination cities (Los Angeles and New York). In the event you cancel your Elite Membership and/or fail to honor the twelve (12) month minimum commitment, Set Jet’s sole remedy, in its sole and absolute discretion, shall be to terminate your Elite Membership permanently and you will not be liable for any unpaid Elite Monthly Membership Fees. The first month of your Monthly Membership Fee must be paid in full at the time of application. These Monthly Membership Fees are non-refundable. Acceptable methods of payment are limited to Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. No cash, checks or money orders will be accepted.
- How will I be charged for my Set Jet Monthly Membership Fee in the future?
- Your Set Jet Membership will be automatically renewed each month. As a Set Jet Member, it is your sole responsibility to contact Set Jet via email to cancel your Membership. In the event you do NOT contact Set Jet prior to five (5) days before the expiration of your Membership, your Membership will automatically be renewed and your credit, debit card or prepaid card (on file) will be charged the Monthly Membership Fee. Set Jet will automatically charge the Monthly Membership Fee to your credit, debit or prepaid card account no earlier than three (3) days prior to the expiration date of your Membership.
- Is the Security Check Fee or the Set Jet Monthly Membership Fee refundable?
- The Security Check Fee is non-refundable, except in such cases where flight service has not yet commenced in your region. The Set Jet Monthly Membership Fee is non-refundable.
- Is my Set Jet Membership transferable?
- Set Jet Membership is non-transferable.
- What are the benefits of my Set Jet Membership?
- In addition to being able to book a flight and buy a seat through Set Jet’s (Members only) website, Set Jet Members will also be entitled to receive exclusive benefits, as well as preferential VIP access with Set Jet’s hospitality, food and beverage, health and beauty and ground transportation providers. For example, upon presenting your Set Jet Membership Card to one of our food and beverage providers you may receive a complimentary appetizer, dessert or round of drinks. Members will also receive discounts with our various hospitality and ground transportation providers.
- Can I buy a seat on a flight for a travel companion?
- As a Standard Set Jet Member, you may purchase a thirty (30) day Standard Limited Membership for a travel companion for $99.95, plus the required one-time Security Check Fee of $99.95 for flights between Set Jet’s regional destination cities (Scottsdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, as well as seasonal flights to Aspen and Cabo San Lucas). As an Elite Member, you may also purchase a thirty (30) day Limited Elite Membership for $999.95, plus the required one-time Security Check Fee of $99.95 for flights between Set Jet’s regional destination cities (Scottsdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, as well as seasonal flights to Aspen and Cabo San Lucas) plus Set Jet’s coast-to-coast destination cities (Los Angeles and New York). These thirty (30) day Limited Membership Fees are a non-recurring (one month only) fees and will only be charged once. Each time you purchase a thirty (30) day Limited Membership for a travel companion, you will be required to pay the Security Check Fee even if that travel companion has previously been a Member.
- How much does booking a flight and/or buying a seat cost once I have been approved as a Set Jet Member?
- Booking a flight and/or buying a seat costs approximately $560-$1100 one-way (including taxes and fees) for flights between Set Jet’s regional domestic destination cities (Scottsdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orange County San Diego and San Francisco) and approximately $1,300-$1,900 one-way (including taxes and fees) for flights to and from Aspen and Cabo San Lucas. Flights between Set Jet’s coast-to-coast destination cities (Los Angeles and New York) cost approximately $4,500 per seat one-way (including taxes and fees). Acceptable methods of payment are limited to Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. No cash, checks or money orders will be accepted.
- How do I book a flight and/or buy a seat once I have been approved as a Set Jet Member?
- To book a flight and/or buy a seat through Set Jet, please login as a Member and click on book a flight. You may also consult with one of our representatives at any of our private terminals. Acceptable methods of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. No cash, checks or money orders will be accepted.
- How far in advance do I need to book a flight and/or buy a seat for my trip?
- Although we recommend booking a flight and/or buying a seat as far in advance as possible, Set Jet allows its Members to buy a seat on an existing Member’s flight (i.e., a flight which has been originated by another Member) up to thirty (30) minutes prior to departure without a price premium (subject to availability). However, if you are booking a flight (i.e., you are the Member who originates a flight), you must do so a minimum of twenty four (24) hours prior to the desired departure time for domestic flights and seven (7) days prior to the desired departure time for international flights.
- What is the difference between booking a flight and buying a seat?
- If you book a flight, that means you are originating the flight. When you book a flight, we refer to you as “Member One” for that flight. If you are buying a seat, you are simply buying a seat on an existing flight which has already been originated by another Member
- What are my responsibilities if I book a flight and I am “Member One” for that flight?
- If you book a flight and are what we refer to as “Member One” for that flight, you are responsible for designating the departure city, the arrival city, as well as the date and time of the flight. You also agree to pay for your seat(s) and make the remaining seats that you are not buying on that flight available for purchase to all other approved Set Jet Members through Set Jet’s (Members only) website.
- If I book a flight and/or buy a seat, is there any minimum participation requirement from other Members that has to be achieved in order for my flight to occur?
- There is no minimum participation requirement from other Members in order for your flight to occur. In consideration of you making the unused seats on your flight available for purchase to your fellow Set Jet Members, Set Jet guarantees that your flight will occur regardless of whether or not any additional Members actually buy any of the available seats and join you on your flight, (subject to the Terms and Conditions herein).
- Can I book a flight and/or buy a seat round trip?
- All flight originations and seat purchases are available on a one-way basis only. However, you may book two (2) one-way flights or buy two (2) one-way seats (or a combination thereof) simultaneously and facilitate the equivalent of a round trip.
- Is my flight origination and/or seat purchase refundable?
- All flight origination and/or seat purchases are non-refundable, except in such cases where there is a Major Change such as a change in the departure or return date, or a change in the origin or destination city.
- Is my flight origination and/or seat purchase transferable?
- All flight origination and/or seat purchases are non-transferable, except in such cases where there is a Major Change such as a change in the departure or return date, or a change in the origin or destination city.
- Is my flight origination and/or seat purchase changeable?
- All flight origination and/or seat purchases are NOT changeable, except in such cases where there is a Major Change such as a change in the departure or return date, or a change in the origin or destination city.
- What happens if I miss my flight?
- In the event (for any reason) you miss your flight and do NOT use the seat that you purchased, you will NOT be provided a refund and will have to purchase a replacement seat, if needed.
- On what type of aircraft will Set Jet facilitate my flights?
- Set Jet facilitates flights exclusively on Bombardier Challenger 850 aircraft but reserves the right to substitute the aircraft being used, if necessary.
- Can Set Jet substitute the type of aircraft being used for my flight?
- On rare occasions, due to circumstances beyond our control, it may be necessary for Set Jet to facilitate flights on jet aircraft other than the Bombardier Challenger 850.
- Can I purchase multiple seats in anticipation of actually needing them for my travel needs?
- Yes you can, as long as your multiple seat purchases are for your and/or your approved travel companion’s use. However, as a Set Jet Member, you may NOT falsely originate flights or make false seat purchases in anticipation of demand. If Set Jet determines that a Member has falsely originated flights or made false seats purchases to one or more destinations, on or about the same date, Set Jet may, without notice, cancel all flights and/or seat purchases associated with such activity, as well as the Member’s Membership who is facilitating such false flights or seat purchases.
- Does my seat purchase have a designated or assigned seat?
- As a Set Jet Member you will NOT be provided with designated or assigned seats. All seats will be available on a first come, first serve basis. However, you will be permitted to board the aircraft in the order in which you purchased your respective seat.
- When do I have to check-in for my flight?
- As a Set Jet Member, you must check-in no later than twenty (20) minutes prior to the departure time. In the event you fail to check-in on time, you will lose your seat.
- Will I be issued a Boarding Pass?
- As a Set Jet Member, when you originate a flight and/or purchase a seat, you will be provided with an electronic copy of your receipt (itinerary) via email which may be used to check-in and as your boarding pass. However, Set Jet offers you several options which may be used to check-in and as your boarding pass. As a Set Jet Member, in order to check-in and board the aircraft you agree to provide either:
- an electronic copy (on your smart phone) or a printed hard copy of your itinerary (along with your U.S. Driver’s License or U.S. Passport), or
- your Set Jet Membership Card (along with your U.S. Driver’s License or U.S. Passport), or
- Do I have to go through Security?
- You will be security pre-screened through the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and other participating law enforcement agencies prior to being approved as a Set Jet Member. Additionally, you and your personal belongings will be subject to a random security screening prior to boarding the aircraft, including but not limited to electronic and hand search.
- Will my baggage go through Security?
- All baggage (checked or carry-on) is subject to inspection including but not limited to electronic and hand search.
- How much baggage can I travel with?
- As a Set Jet Member, you will be allowed to travel with a maximum of two (2) standard sized bags (which must be checked) and one (1) personal belonging such as a purse, briefcase or laptop case (which may be carried on). Each of the checked bags shall NOT exceed fifty (50) pounds. The weight of the personal belonging shall NOT exceed twenty (20) pounds. Carry-on items may be restricted in the sole and absolute discretion of Set Jet. In such a case, your carry-on items will also be checked. All baggage must have outside baggage tags for identification. All baggage, checked or carry-on, is subject to inspection including but not limited to electronic and hand search. Additional baggage or personal belongings (above and beyond the maximum allowed) or which exceed the allowable weight limit may be allowed on a case-by-case basis in Set Jet’s sole and absolute discretion and will require advance notice (via email), as well as an additional fee of $50 per bag or personal belonging for domestic flights and $100 per bag or personal belonging for international flights.
- Am I restricted from carrying certain things on board a flight?
- You will NOT be allowed to travel with any restricted or hazardous materials as defined in the TSA Prohibited Items List. You may NOT carry-on firearms or weapons of any kind, food or alcoholic beverages or contraband of any kind.
- Is there a dress code?
- To ensure all our Members have an exceptional experience, Set Jet enforces a strict upscale Dress Code Policy. The Dress Code Policy applies to all Members as well as their children and guests. In accordance with the Dress Code Policy, staff has been asked to advise Member Services when a Member violates the Dress Code Policy. Multiple violations of the Dress Code Policy by a Member may result in a suspension of their membership or other disciplinary action. Please take few minutes to review the Dress Code Policy before flying with Set Jet, as Management reserves the right to deny service to any Member who is inappropriately dressed.
Members, their children, and guests are expected to always appear neat and presentable. Clothing should be well tailored and the appropriate size. Collarless attire may be acceptable if worn with a jacket, in an elegant fabric or in the form of a sweater. Hats are acceptable but must be worn with the brim always facing forward.
Acceptable Attire and Footwear
- Collared shirts with sleeves, including but not limited to, polo shirts, knit button-down shirts, turtleneck or mock turtleneck shirts and Hawaiian style shirts.
- Slacks, dress denim, Bermuda, or dress style shorts (Shorts are to be no higher than mid-thigh).
- Hemmed pants, denim and shorts must fit and be worn at the waist.
- Dress shoes, conservative athletic or walking shoes, loafers, sneakers, boots, leather sandals and deck-type shoes.
- Skirts, Shorts, skorts, dresses, dress denim and/or slacks.
- Collared or open neck shirts of a button-down or polo style.
- Sleeveless shirts and blouses.
- Conservative athletic or walking shoes, loafers, clogs, sneakers, boots, flats, dress heels, leather sandals and deck-type shoes.
Prohibited Attire and Footwear
- Gym or workout attire including sweatpants, sweatshirts, and hoodies.
- Sports team attire.
- Short miniskirts.
- Athleisure wear including tight-fitting yoga/spandex leggings and sports bras.
- Collarless t-shirts.
- Clothing emitting offensive odors.
- Excessively large or inappropriate logos or words on clothing.
- Swimsuits or swim attire.
- Cut-offs, torn, worn, stained or bleached jeans, baggy, and ill-fitting jeans, pants, or shorts.
- Tank tops, tube tops, halter tops or midriff tops.
- Flashy athletic shoes or boots, flip-flops, house shoes and slippers.
- Any portion of lingerie and undergarments exposed.
- Overalls, cargo pants and shorts, carpenter’s pants.
Exceptions to the Dress Code Policy may be made for special or private events at the sole and absolute discretion of Set Jet management. Set Jet management reserves the right to change and/or update the Dress Code Policy at any time.
- Can I travel with my pet?
There is no charge for small pets up to twenty (20) pounds. Your pet must be small enough to fit comfortably in a pet carrier or in your lap during the flight.
There is a Pet Fee of $200 for medium-size pets weighing twenty-one (21) pounds up to sixty (60) pounds each way.
There is a Pet Fee of $350 for large-size pets over sixty-one (61) pounds each way.
Pets permitted include dogs, cats, and household birds. Please call Member Services for any exotic pets which will be determined on a case-by-case basis (i.e. a Pot-Bellied Pig). A pet in the cabin of the aircraft is considered one piece of carry-on luggage. To book a flight with your pet, please contact Member Services at (480) 264-6500. Please note that pets may be restricted from flying, particularly if a Member has booked a flight or purchased a seat prior to any pets being booked on the flight and has advised Set Jet that they have a physician-diagnosed allergy to pets.
Additionally, please be advised that the following pet-related Set Jet Terms and Conditions will continue to be enforced:
- Member must commit to always keep their pet on a leash or in a portable kennel while in the aircraft or any of the Set Jet facilities including, but not limited to, our parking lots, Member Lounge, FBOs, terminals, indoor facilities, and restrooms.
- If your pet does not fit on your lap, your pet must remain on the floor in front of your seat, not in the aisle.
- Pets and pet carriers are not allowed on aircraft seats, furniture, nor Member Lounge furniture.
- Please note that there may be other pets on our aircraft and in our facilities simultaneously which may impact your pet’s normal behavior and which you should consider before providing us with these commitments and assurances.
Any aggressive or disruptive behavior displayed by a Member’s pet may result in denying travel to both the Member and their pet. Disruptive behavior includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Barking excessively and/or not responding to a Member’s commands
- Aggressive behaviors towards other Members, guests, or personnel (e.g., biting, growling, snapping, lunging, etc.)
- Jumping on Members or anyone else
- Occupying an aircraft seat or sofa
- Eating off tables and/or any aircraft surface
- Running or freely wandering without a leash
- Having an “accident” on the aircraft, indoor area, or any place other than a designated pet relief area. Any cleanup associated with a Member’s pet having an “accident” is the sole responsibility of that Member and will be charged accordingly.
Set Jet reserves the right to deny boarding to any pets that do not meet the requirements stated in Set Jet’s revised pet travel policy or in Set Jet’s Terms and Conditions.
- Does Set Jet have a daily flight schedule?
- Although Set Jet does NOT publish a flight schedule, Set Jet will facilitate up to four (4) flights daily between each of the regional destination cities it serves and up to two (2) flights daily between Los Angeles and New York, seven (7) days per week, 365 days per year. For example: Members typically originate a daily morning and evening flight between Scottsdale and Los Angeles, as well as an afternoon and late afternoon flight between Scottsdale and Orange County and Scottsdale and San Diego. Additionally, Set Jet facilitates daily morning flights and evening flights between Scottsdale and Las Vegas, as well as from Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego to and from Las Vegas. Set Jet also facilitates daily flights between Los Angeles and New York City. Set Jet will also facilitate seasonal flights to Aspen and Cabo San Lucas based on Member demand. All of these flights however, are subject to availability and subject to at least one Member originating and negotiating each such flight, including the date, time, departure and arrival city.
- Can I smoke in any of the Set Jet facilities?
- All Set Jet facilities, including but not limited to; terminals, gates, Lounges and restrooms are non-smoking. Additionally, there is NO Smoking allowed on any flights. This includes vaporizers of any kind.
- Am I prohibited from doing anything as part of the Set Jet Program?
- In the sole and absolute discretion of Set Jet, you will be immediately terminated as a Set Jet Member if you:
- Engage in any conduct that is, or that Set Jet deems to be, in its sole and absolute discretion inappropriate.
- Use Set Jet for any purpose, in connection with anything that is inappropriate, a violation of applicable laws or regulations, or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
- Create, or use a false identity for the purpose of misleading others, including but not limited to the submission of fraudulent applications.
- Use Set Jet in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or otherwise impair any Set Jet activities or sponsored services (or the network(s) connected to Set Jet’s activities) or interfere with any other party’s use of Set Jet. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Set Jet site/service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to Set Jet or sponsored service, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through Set Jet.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, that in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Engage in any other conduct that is, or that Set Jet deems to be, in conflict with these Terms and Conditions..